Thursday, December 31, 2009

One Year In Review

2009 has come to a close!

So many ups and downs throughout the year. I'll start backwards and go to the 1st of the year!

Jeff and I spent our first married Christmas together! We were able to take a trip back to the Los Angeles area to be with my family. It was our first Christmas to not spend it with his family...we missed them a lot but it was my first trip home since we moved to Arizona, so it was much needed!

We moved to Arizona in June for Jeff to begin working at a behavioral health center with kids! He loves his job and I love to see how happy he is when he works with kids! I got a job as a sales supervisor for a luxury boutique and I'm enjoying it.

Jeff & I got MARRIED in May!!! To date...that was the HAPPIEST day of my life! I am so in love with my husband and love that we will grow old together!

Planning for our wedding was a blast! My mom and I wanted to do it all by ourselves with no wedding planner! We both have very creative minds, so it was exactly how I have always dreamed my wedding day would be! Every little detail...from the custom Save the Date cards, to the handmade invitations, to the dress, to the flowers, to the food, to the music, etc!!! It was PERFECT!

Now onto the biggest downer of the year...

Tonight will mark one year since I awoke in the middle of the night to two men fighting...shortly after I awoke, I heard the dreaded sounds I wish I never heard (POP, POP, POP). A man's life was taken right before my eyes. I won't go into details (the case has not gone to trial yet, plus the details are a bit explicit and the visions are still so clear in my head). Here's the link to the news article that will explain things better than I could.

So...on to 2010! Let's hope tonight is a better New Year's than last!

HAPPY 2010 TO ALL OF YOU!
May God bring many blessings and happiness to all of you and your families!

No comments: