So, I'm on the fence with this new "cupcake" trend in place of wedding cakes. If they are done right they look like this: Otherwise there is the traditional wedding cake: I'm going to place a poll on the side...place your votes and then let me know your thoughts!!!
I voted traditional =) I like the cupcake idea for serving purposes, and of course you can take the top layer home...but there is just something about the traditional cake...I couldn't stray away. Now, mine did combine square and round layers, as I couldn't decide whether I wanted square or round =)
I say traditional! Cupcakes are a cool concept, but you can do SO much with a wedding cake to make it trendy and fun and still elegant!:-) I love cake hehe!
Hey Heather! Congratulations on the engagement and all the amazing planning you all have already done! I don't think you can go wrong if flour, butter and icing are combined, but I vote cupcakes.
I kinda like the cupcake idea, especially for serving purposes, but nothing beats a beautiful wedding cake (which is what most people look at first when they walk into the reception area). I bet it will be wonderful either way you go!
Coming to you from Phoenix, Arizona...We are Jeff & Heather Gorton! We were married on May 16, 2009 and up and moved to Arizona one month later! We are proud to announce the birth of our beautiful baby girl, Harmony Clara Gorton! She's a perfect angel!
6 comments:
I voted traditional =) I like the cupcake idea for serving purposes, and of course you can take the top layer home...but there is just something about the traditional cake...I couldn't stray away. Now, mine did combine square and round layers, as I couldn't decide whether I wanted square or round =)
We did cupcakes at our wedding. I loved it!
hi hi hi! your blog is so cute. And its nice to hear what is going on with you and jeff : )
I kind of like the 'traditional' but both can be lovely.
I say traditional! Cupcakes are a cool concept, but you can do SO much with a wedding cake to make it trendy and fun and still elegant!:-) I love cake hehe!
Hey Heather! Congratulations on the engagement and all the amazing planning you all have already done! I don't think you can go wrong if flour, butter and icing are combined, but I vote cupcakes.
I kinda like the cupcake idea, especially for serving purposes, but nothing beats a beautiful wedding cake (which is what most people look at first when they walk into the reception area). I bet it will be wonderful either way you go!
Post a Comment