Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend of Favorites!

So Friday night after Jeff and I got off work, we met at home and did some things to clean up a little bit! Then we headed to Gyu KaKu for happy hour! This is by far our FAVORITE spot for happy hour!! We get to cook our food the way we like it, have some Japanese Beer and at the end of our meal our bill is only like $20 TOTAL!!! It's not very often you can eat for $10 a person! After our little happy hour dinner we went to see "Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist". We got there right as the movie was starting and as the movie ended and the lights came on...we realized we had just sat in a theatre with not one person over the age of 14 and Jeff was the only male! Hehe! It was a cute movie though!

On Saturday morning, Jeff went to work and I went for a bike ride. I ended up at Starbucks where I made conversation with an elder who had a sweet little lab-dachshund mix puppy...the dog's name was Sarah and you could tell she loved her mom and I could tell by our conversation that the mom really loved Sarah's company. That was all she talked about for the 30 minute conversation we had. She told me how Sarah only goes potty where she is suppose to, how she doesn't bark just to bark and how much Sarah keeps her company. I was happy to see that this sweet and lonely woman had a precious dog that keeps her happy every day! When she was ready to head out on the rest of her errands, I hopped on the bike and headed back home to do some sit ups and push ups. As I was doing my push ups...I happened to look up to my bookshelf and I realized that I had the Nicholas Sparks book "Nights in Rodanthe". I grabbed it as I was getting back on the ball for more sit ups and I started reading it...I couldn't put it down!!! I stopped to take a shower and make some lunch, by the time Jeff came home and it was time to make dinner, I had read about 8 or 9 chapters. I fell asleep reading it and woke up Sunday morning and finished reading it! Ahhhh...what an amazing book! For those of you who know me know that I HATE to ready, but after page 1 of this book I was addicted! Nicholas Sparks does that to me for some reason! He is my FAVORITE! The first book I read from cover to cover without ANY interruptions was "A Walk To Remember"...then I saw the movie! Unfortunately I saw "The Notebook" before I could read it, so I knew I would never read it. I was lucky that the theatre Jeff and I went to on Friday night wasn't showing "Nights in Rodanthe" or else I never would have read the book. If anybody has any "easy read's" feel free to update me! I need as much push as I can get to read some good books!


Sunday, I had the biggest headache from reading all weekend without my glasses, so my mom and I headed to the mall where the massage people have their chairs set up in the middle of the mall (they give the best shoulder massages)! We both had 25 minute massages, and headed to my FAVORITE store...Williams Sanoma! It smelled so good in there! We love it when it's almost the holiday's and they have all the holiday goodies in there! We started with some non-holiday Catalina Red Pepper Pasta Sauce and decided to make pasta for dinner! Then they also had the Pumpkin Spice Pecan Bread Mix, that I could NOT resist! And I know we are like a month and a few days early, but they had Harvest Bread Turkey Stuffing with Pecans and Cranberries! We couldn't resist! We bought it all!

All in all, I had a wonderful weekend! I have a great family and a great fiance!!! P. S. I can't wait to get married! Jeff is my dream come true! I have been blessed with all of my FAVORITES!!!!

1 comment:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

I'm def going to read "Nights" now!! I love all N.S. books! looks like you had a great weekend!